Thursday 1 December 2011

TechCrunch Review,Specs,Price and Battery Life

TechCrunch

It was a couple of weeks after the Kindle came out a fire, giving people time to overcome first impressions and see how it works in practice. Eric Schonfeld of TechCrunch had such families seem Fire Kindle, and determined that all this can be a "poor" general purpose tablet, media viewer, this is a good thing.

Schonfeld reports that the fire has become a favorite of his family, trying to steal at this time. It is in all major areas of application, read, watch, listen, navigation and playback, and concludes that the real attraction of the fire is not the same fire, but the media can bring to their owners .

It's starting to look like Amazon has a winning hand in the fire and the prime minister. Competitors have to understand, like Amazon, to comply with, or bring your competitive advantage.

I was thinking today about how the book changed my reading habits in recent years. I flirted with them in 2005, when I tried to Project Gutenberg for free on the Palm Pilot, who live in Smalltown New Zealand. There was only one local library, and their selection was poor. While Project Gutenberg has been a revelation. In subsequent years, I went through five key players, and a favorite bookstore about the same amount and spent more than $ 500 a year for books and content. Changed from my reading?
There are some specific questions that I will elaborate later, but if you could summarize in one sentence, it would be this: I was deeply younger patients. As a customer, I am less patient with publishers, who sell low quality products or suppliers that are fun games to geographic restrictions or DRM or inflated prices, which complicate the use of my just and legal. And, as a reader, I was much less tolerant of mediocrity.

This last part may seem a strange statement, that in this era of immediate self-publisher where authors can directly enter the market at will, without the hassle of porter, and the Internet may seem, once the largest slushpile world. But the hard truth of my impatience to find is this: I have no time to read all that is quite normal. I'm drowning in the content, and not give up.
In the old days, my source of ready-to-paper books has been limited mainly to issues of space and had a limited amount, and the only way to spend on books. Even the books I loved had to be sacrificed from time to time to make room for other things. I was buying books from the library, too, and once full, it was for library books.

Now what? Well, when TBR pile had five great books I've read that there was, because I have nothing better to do. However, a virtual stack of thousand kilos off, that's another story! My collection of over 2,000 books Caliber, only a few hundred that have been read in its entirety. Two pounds per week is 16 years to complete, but never buy another book! So why should blow in the name is good or bad, when there are almost two decades, others in the queue can be better.

Of course, there are some authors whose works, for me, you really should read. But quickly the reader, and, given the number of books that spend in a year, most of them are the only category. The mystery and suspense romance or author unknown to me the same thing to each other. So if a supply can not be had in my price range, size and geographical area, there are many more where that came. And if the book has other problems formatting issues, have been tested to OCR, hell, even if it starts a little slow or not my thing, no big loss. Next!
I have had several experiences in the past year, especially since the book was withdrawn and publishers cash is where I had to work very hard to read-only enjoy the experience, and I gave up. Press wrong to say that the new test Cobo four different messages, including screen shots of pages offensive, and the personal intervention of the Director General of Cobo on your own? I'm on it. I'll be the first example of Amazon, whose designs a little more generous, then buy from them, if a book is a must. And if not required, simply go to the next on my list.

And what about Zinio, which is a bad habit of charging the unit with all the problems that have already purchased, and every time we give the main application update? I agree with more than one journal, and the only way you can keep track of unread items in order to eliminate those that I'm done. When Zinio delivers them without my consent, I lose. The second time you open the application and found his bed to be mixed with 2 years of "useful" questions re-add half a dozen publications, I decided to quit. So far, Zinio! When my current subscription expiration, which is for me. I have two years from Fictionwise Dell magazines I have not finished yet, and mark the Gutenberg Project, which lists the year of Astounding Stories, Atlantic Monthly, Scientific American Punch and, in particular. All DRM-free, ready to be downloaded to your device of choice. If Zinio be a problem, there are many other magazines to read.
The other was a Barnes & Noble, which stubbornly refuses to sell anything, even books available free for non-Americans. When I can get my hands on a dozen classics, which he shrugged and walked away. Yes, I was interested to read your documents, apparently an excellent introduction, notes and other add-on. But I'm not going to sell, it will not sell. I can get my share of classics for that matter.

 For example, a beautiful Reid mobile set of Harvard Classics complete set of 51 of them, and are also introductory articles and tutorials are available for download a player in a ZIP file with a single click. I could not be easier. And there are a number of catalogs Manybooks.net: inhabitant Library (121 pounds), The Chronicles of Canada (32 books), English writers (36 pounds), the best library of world literature (12 pounds), the best play the best in the world (56 lb) Stories (5 pounds) and so on ...

What about books in promotions? Well, say, the editors can not care for those who are too, judging by the price cut is more than just the race I saw editions of going to the ROC. And no one knows who is really in power and able to fix anyway (trust me, I did my best to find out!), But some authors do not care, and many of them decided to return to the rights of their works of funds and connected to Smashwords and indie sites.

Smashwords allows generous sampling, so it's easy to try before you buy. And if you have a problem, you can get a real person who can really solve the problem for you all. It's like winning the lottery for this fan of the sick.
So the good news is that actually going to spend money on maintenance, and learned a lot from him. But the bad news is that if you have the latest episode of the series JD Robb Nora Roberts, or a new version of Stephen King, Kevin Brockmeier, Margaret Atwood and Connie Willis, who will be good and will have to make it easier. Not enough to be available for the quality of the keeper again. The list of its brand in reading cleared 1,000 pounds and growing, they just do not have time to spend on anything less than compelling, the book is error free and professional quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...